20 festivals that take place in Norway, across categories of music, art, food, and sports:
- Øyafestivalen (Øya Festival) – One of Norway’s biggest and most popular annual music festivals held in Oslo.
- Bergenfest – A four-day open-air festival held in Bergen, featuring a range of musical styles.
- Pstereo Festival – An annual music festival held in Trondheim, presenting both Norwegian and international artists.
- Inferno Metal Festival – A music festival dedicated to metal genres, taking place annually in Oslo.
- Kongsberg Jazz Festival – An annual event that attracts leading jazz artists from around the world.
- Stavanger International Festival of Culture – A biennial multi-arts event held in Stavanger.
- Borealis – A Festival for Experimental Music – A festival in Bergen exploring experimental music from different perspectives.
- Oslo International Film Festival – An annual film festival focusing on new voices and alternative films.
- Oslo Open – An art festival providing the opportunity to visit artists’ studios all across the city.
- Gladmat (Happy Food Festival) – Scandinavia’s largest food festival, held in Stavanger every summer.
- Bergen Food Festival – A festival showcasing the wide variety of food and beverages from the region’s local producers.
- Trondheim Brewery Festival – An event celebrating local beer craft, featuring many of the region’s microbreweries.
- Tromsø Beer Festival – A festival dedicated to craft beer, located in Tromsø, inside the Arctic Circle.
- Holmenkollen Ski Festival – Part of the FIS World Cup, this ski jumping event in Oslo is a significant international competition.
- Bergen City Marathon – A popular long-distance running event held in Bergen.
- Midnight Sun Marathon – A unique marathon held in Tromsø, where runners race under the midnight sun.
- Lillehammer Youth Olympics – A sporting event for young athletes, held in Lillehammer.
- Extreme Sports Week, Voss – The world’s largest extreme sports festival featuring sports such as kayaking, skydiving, and mountain biking.
- The Birkebeiner Race – A number of cross-country races held annually in Norway, the most famous of which is a long-distance cross-country ski marathon.
- The Norseman Xtreme Triathlon – One of the toughest triathlons on earth, taking place in the mountainous terrain of Norway.
As always, be sure to check current information on these events, as details may change due to various circumstances.