20 notable festivals in Jamaica across music, arts, food, and sports:
- Reggae Sumfest – Known as the largest concert festival in Jamaica, showcasing a variety of reggae artists.
- Rebel Salute – An annual reggae festival that emphasizes the more positive, roots aspects of reggae music.
- Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival – A major musical event showcasing jazz, blues, and reggae music.
- Kingston on the Edge Urban Art Festival (KOTE) – An annual arts festival spanning a variety of arts including visual, performing, and literary.
- International Reggae Poster Contest – A competition that combines visual art with the love of reggae music.
- National Dance Theatre Company Season of Dance – This annual event showcases local talent in a variety of dance forms.
- Jamaica Food and Drink Festival – A week-long celebration in Kingston offering a variety of culinary experiences.
- Portland Jerk Festival – Held in Port Antonio, this festival celebrates the island’s famous jerk-style cooking.
- Westmoreland Curry Festival – A food festival in Savanna-la-Mar focusing on curry-based dishes.
- Jamaica International Invitational – An annual track and field event held in Kingston.
- Reggae Marathon – An annual marathon, half marathon, and 10K race held in Negril.
- High Mountain Coffee 10K Road Race – A popular 10k race in Manchester that attracts both local and international competitors.
- Accompong Maroon Festival – Celebrating the signing of the 1739 peace treaty with the Maroons. It’s held in the Maroon village of Accompong, St. Elizabeth.
- Jamaica Carnival – A nationwide carnival celebration, with the biggest events taking place in Kingston.
- Calabash International Literary Festival – A biennial literary event featuring readings, musical performances, and more.
- Jamaica Independence Festival – An annual celebration of Jamaican culture and independence.
- Juneteenth Jamaica Festival – Celebrating African heritage and culture, this event has music, food, and a variety of arts and crafts.
- Emancipation Jubilee – Held at Seville Heritage Park, this event celebrates the emancipation of slaves with traditional song, dance, and food.
- Hague Agricultural Show – An annual showcase of agricultural products and livestock in Falmouth.
- Caribbean FashionWeek – Held in Kingston, it’s the premier fashion event in the Caribbean, showcasing the best in regional and international fashion.
As always, make sure to check the latest information about these festivals, as their dates and specifics can change for various reasons.