20 significant festivals in Yucatan, Mexico, highlighting music, arts, food, and sports:
- Festival de la Trova Yucateca – An annual music festival celebrating the traditional Yucatan trova music.
- Mérida Fest – A multi-week celebration with concerts, art exhibitions, and dance performances.
- Festival Internacional de la Cultura Maya – This festival includes workshops, conferences, and exhibitions related to Mayan culture.
- Feria Artesanal Tunich – An annual fair showcasing local crafts and folk art in Dzitya.
- Feria del Queso y la Miel – A fair in Tizimín celebrating local cheese and honey.
- Feria del Pavo – An annual festival in Hunucmá featuring local turkey dishes.
- Maratón Mérida – A marathon event that takes runners through the heart of Mérida.
- Travesía Sagrada Maya – Participants reenact an ancient Mayan journey, paddling in canoes from Xcaret to Cozumel.
- Carnaval de Mérida – One of the largest carnivals in Mexico with parades, concerts, and costume contests.
- Festival de las Ánimas – A multi-day celebration honoring the Day of the Dead.
- K’in Sventaal Xokk’iil – A festival in Valladolid that celebrates traditional Mayan culture and rituals.
- Festival de la Veda – Celebrates the fishing culture of the Yucatan in Progreso.
- Hanal Pixán – A Mayan tradition similar to Day of the Dead, where people make altars and food to honor their ancestors.
- Fiesta de la Candelaria – In Tizimín, this festival is a combination of Catholic and Mayan rituals involving the blessing of seeds and livestock.
- Equinox in Chichen Itza – During the spring and fall equinox, a serpent-shaped shadow appears on the Pyramid of Kukulcán, attracting thousands of visitors.
- Festival de la Jaranera – This event celebrates the folk dance known as Jarana with parades and performances.
- Chicxulub Crab Festival – A local food festival celebrating the region’s seafood, particularly crabs.
- Fiesta de San Diego de Alcalá – A religious festival in Umán, featuring processions, dances, and traditional meals.
- Progreso ArtFest – An annual event showcasing local and international artists, with live music, food vendors, and art workshops.
- Feria Yucatán Xmatkuil – One of the largest state fairs in Mexico, offering music, food, exhibitions, and rides.
As always, please verify the most recent information about these festivals as dates and specifics can shift due to various reasons.