City Splash Festival is an annual celebration of reggae and dancehall music held in London, England. Echoing through the heart of the city, the festival fills the air with the tropical sounds and rhythms of the Caribbean, creating a vibrant and energetic atmosphere that’s utterly infectious.
Set against the backdrop of London’s iconic skyline, City Splash Festival takes place in the expansive green space of Beckenham Place Park. Over the course of a day, the festival delivers a varied lineup of artists, from well-established reggae legends to emerging talents in the scene, offering a comprehensive musical experience that appeals to both long-time reggae fans and newcomers alike.
The festival’s ethos is rooted in unity, positivity, and a shared love of music. This is reflected in its crowd: a diverse mix of people of all ages, backgrounds, and walks of life, who come together to dance, sing, and celebrate under the London sky.
The festival’s stages are simple yet effective, allowing the music to take centre stage. As the sun sets, the stage lights cast a colourful glow over the crowd, enhancing the festival’s warm and lively atmosphere.
- London offers a vast range of accommodation options to suit various budgets and preferences. Here are some options close to Beckenham Place Park:
- Beckenham Park Hotel: A budget-friendly hotel located a short walk from Beckenham Place Park.
- The Bromley Court Hotel: A mid-range hotel situated a short taxi ride away from the festival site.
- For a more personalized experience, platforms like Airbnb offer numerous vacation rentals in and around Beckenham.
- Remember, London is a major city with excellent public transport, so you can also consider accommodations further afield.
- Public Transport: Beckenham Place Park is well-connected by public transport. The closest train stations are Beckenham Junction and Beckenham Hill, both of which are a short walk away from the festival site. Numerous bus routes also serve the area.
- Taxis/Rideshares: Taxis and rideshare services are available in London, but keep in mind that availability may be limited during the festival due to high demand.
- City Splash Festival is known for its Caribbean food stalls, offering festival-goers the chance to indulge in a variety of tropical flavours. Expect options such as jerk chicken, curry goat, plantain, and rice and peas, as well as vegan and vegetarian alternatives.
- For drinks, the festival typically features bars serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Don’t miss the chance to try traditional Caribbean drinks like rum punch.