Latitude Festival is an annual music and arts festival held in Henham Park, Southwold, Suffolk, United Kingdom. The festival was first launched in 2006 and has since become one of the most popular and critically acclaimed events in the UK festival calendar. Latitude Festival is known for its unique blend of music, arts, literature, comedy, theatre, and poetry, making it a must-visit event for culture lovers from around the world.
Surrounding Area: Henham Park, where Latitude Festival takes place, is located in the heart of the Suffolk countryside. The area is renowned for its natural beauty, with picturesque villages, coastal towns, and stunning landscapes nearby. Attendees can explore attractions such as the charming seaside town of Southwold, visit historic castles and gardens, or take leisurely walks along the scenic coastline.
- Festival Camping: Latitude Festival provides camping facilities on-site, allowing attendees to immerse themselves fully in the festival experience. The camping area offers different zones, such as family camping, quiet camping, and general camping, catering to various preferences. Amenities such as showers, toilets, and drinking water points are available throughout the camping area, ensuring a comfortable stay.
- Hotels: For those seeking more comfort and convenience, there are several hotels located within a reasonable distance from the festival grounds. These hotels offer a range of accommodations, from budget-friendly options to luxurious establishments, providing flexibility for different budgets and preferences.
- Airbnb: Another popular accommodation option is Airbnb, where festival-goers can find a variety of homes, apartments, and private rooms available for rent. Staying in an Airbnb allows attendees to enjoy a more homely atmosphere while having the flexibility to choose accommodations based on their needs and group size.
- By Car: Latitude Festival is easily accessible by car, with ample parking available on-site. The festival provides clear directions and signage for drivers, and it’s advisable to follow the designated routes to avoid traffic congestion.
- By Train: The nearest train station to the festival is Diss, which is well-connected to major cities in the UK. From Diss, shuttle buses operate directly to the festival grounds, making it a convenient option for those traveling by train.
- By Bus: Various bus routes run to and from Southwold and nearby towns, offering an alternative mode of transportation for festival-goers. The festival website provides detailed information about bus schedules and routes, ensuring a hassle-free journey.
- By Bicycle: Latitude Festival encourages eco-friendly travel, and cycling to the festival is a popular option. Bike racks are available on-site for secure bicycle parking, making it convenient for attendees who prefer this sustainable mode of transportation.
Latitude Festival offers an impressive array of culinary delights to satisfy every palate. The festival boasts a diverse range of food stalls and vendors, serving cuisines from around the world. From gourmet burgers and wood-fired pizzas to vegan options and street food delicacies, there is something to suit every taste. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are also widely available. Additionally, there are various bars and beverage stands offering a wide selection of drinks, including craft beers, cocktails, wines, and soft drinks.